We are a unique church in the Minneapolis area with the current pastor actively looking for his own replacement. I’m pastor Gary Johnson and was instrumental in forming and growing Grace Bible Church over the past three years. We currently have approximately 30 people actively participating within the church, meeting for two hours every Sunday morning. I have emphasized, and those in our assembly have embraced, a strong teaching ministry. We understand that Paul’s 13 epistles have been written for those who are in the Church, the Body of Christ, and I teach accordingly. I have been teaching in an expository style, verse by verse. We have a fairly casual service with the congregation asking questions and commenting on issues. This makes for a dynamic service.
I believe that we have a strong church composed of people who want to grow deeper and learn how to live according to Pauline principles. Most of the congregation is very knowledgable about Pauline doctrine and it can be a challenge to stay ahead of them. We also get along well with each other. There are no major disagreements or contentions that I am aware of. It has been a joy and a privilege for me to be able to lead this group of believers.
This brings up the obvious question as to why we are looking for a pastor to replace me. This was my decision, not the church body. They were shocked and disappointed when I made the announcement that I had given the Elder board my notice of resignation. I had come to the conclusion that I had taken the church as far as I was able, or desirous, of taking it. It is now time for me to step back and in a controlled process, bring in a new pastor who will be able to propel Grace Bible Church to the next level.
I believe there is much that can be done to expand our ministry in the Minneapolis area. We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- A man who understands, and is able to clearly teach, Pauline doctrine, and is able to articulate the important differences between Israel’s Prophetic program and the Church’s Mystery program.
- A man with leadership ability, able to oversee the flock and expand our ministry outreach by making known what is the fellowship of the Mystery (Ephesians 3:9).
- A man who agrees with our doctrinal statement (see link below).
- A man who will uphold our constitution.
- A man who has the desire to walk worthy of the Lord in wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9–10).
At this point, it is a part-time position, but with the potential of becoming a full-time endeavor.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, or would like more information, please contact Gary Johnson at 952-222-9122 or by email. I look forward to hearing from you.